Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Double Down TakeDown



Carl's Jr. - Is it Carl, who named his son Carl, and the son that owns the franchise? Or is it Carl Sr., who named his restaurant after his son?
Anyways, with the lack of a decent value menu (no visible value burger, and a spicy chicken sandwich for $1.49), I get two of those spicy chicken sandwiches and opt for the always delicious, heavy Western Bacon Cheeseburger.
At over $7, it was amazingly good. But I had to stop and catch my breath a few times after I was halfway through it. I was extremely lethargic upon finishing it.
Carl's Jr. FTL.
KFC's original Double Down wins largely due to pricing. I will never rob the Western Bacon Cheeseburger of it's originally intended form ever again.
I had to try the next one. Staying at $2, a chili-cheese fries burrito, opened up with a mustard hot dog inserted, and wrapped back up. Very carb-y. Weinershnitzel for the value win.

No comments:

Post a Comment